Scrap Dryer / Heaters
Continuous Scrap Drying and preheating systems can significantly increase productivity in melting operations. These systems are built for continuous use.
In this system the scarp passes over a conveyor through a tunnel furnace, the tunnel furnace is fitted with High-Velocity burners with Shot and intense flame (we can use numerous gaseous & liquid fuels for firing). We aim to heat the scrap up to a max temperature of 650°C, The system is fully automatic and we can modulate & maintain the temperature inside the furnace, auto ignition and flame monitoring system is provided with the system to ensure safety.
The preheater/dryer burns all the volatile material on the scrap and raises the temperature of charge of the scrap and removes any dirt and moisture from the scrap material prior to charging in the furnace.
This results in the following:-
- Safer Work environment
- Increased melt rate by up to 20%
- Reduction in Electric power consumption up to100 kW/Ton of molten metal
- Reduction in the overall cost of production
- Increase in the life of refractory and electrode due to reduce in energy required for melting
- Also, the atmosphere around the furnace is also cleaner
We also make bucket type scarp preheater/dryer. We offer an innovative design for bucket preheaters in which we use the exhaust gases produced while heating one bucket to preheat the other bucket, ensuring overall reduction in time and fuel.
The salient feature of this
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED SCRAP BUCKETS ARE USED.
- A COLUMN IS MOUNTED IN CENTRE.
- HOOD ARE MADE IN SUCH A WAY THAT HOOD WITH BURNER COVERS ONE SCRAP BUCKET AND OTHER HOOD WITH CHIMNEY IS POSITIONED ON THE SECOND BUCKET..
- AFTER HEATING ONE BUCKET THE HOODS ARE ROTATED.
- PREHEATED BUCKET CAN BE OBTAINED ONE BY ONE AND ENERGY OF FUME IS ALSO WELL UTILISED.